Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The meaning of Thanksgiving by Mauricio

Thanksgiving is celebrated in the United States, Canada, Germany and Japan.Thanksgiving Day, is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in the month of November in the United Estates, in Canada it is celebrated in the second Monday of November. It is important to celebrate because of the longstanding traditions of the holiday; the celebration often extends to the weekend that falls closest to the day it is celebrated. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. Historically, Thanksgiving had roots in religious and cultural tradition. Today, Thanksgiving is primarily celebrated as a secular holiday. The history In the English tradition, days of thanksgiving and special thanksgiving religious services became important during the English Reformation in the reign of Henry VIII and in reaction to the large number of religious holidays on the Catholic calendar. Before 1536 there were 95 Church holidays, plus 52 Sundays, when people were required to attend church and forego work and sometimes pay for expensive celebrations.StoryOne day when I was looking through the window of my house I see people running to the center of the city and I ask my mother that what is happening and she said me that those people run because today was Thanksgiving and I ask her what is Thanksgiving and he said me that it was a holiday were the people share food. Then I ask to my mother that if I can go to the holiday and she say me yes. Next I take some fruit and I went to the holiday very happy.

11 comments:

  1. I think that in U.S.A is very important for they and is very expensing but is they celebration and they want to do it




    Nadua Olmos Torres

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like so much this holiday because we take some time of the day to prove people that we care of what they do saying thanks

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgivin day is a day to say thanks for the person they help



    Amaury

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this holiday Because we SHARE. Your expirences food, love etc .... With the people you love and we know more of Thanksgiving .

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks giving is to be with your family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like thanks giving because it is important to celebrate Thanksgiving and thanks for what we have.

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanksgiving is gay for family and friends to say thanks for all that we have ilike your story
    mica

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Thanksgiving day is to say thank you
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your history because is inportant
    emi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the story of Mau and i like it because it tell about the Thanksgiving that is important in the world

    ReplyDelete